We are very proud of our uniform and strive to maintain high standards.
The school colours at Templars Academy are Navy blue, white, mid to dark grey and black. Only plain black trainers or shoes are acceptable.
All items of school uniform, bearing the school logo, are available from 'Personalise' which is a local company based at 24 Crittall Road, Witham, CM8 3DR (Tel No. 01376 521020, www.personalise-uk.co.uk). Some items without the printed logo can be obtained from large stores.
- grey or black pinafore dress/skirt or trousers
- grey or black trousers or grey or black shorts in the summer
- dress (or equivalent with sewn-in shorts) in navy blue and white gingham or stripes (summer)
- white shirt (not a polo shirt)
- tie (we ask that boys and girls do wear ties, but if you really do not want them to, it remains optional)
- navy blue sweatshirt, jumper or cardigan with or without school logo
- navy blue fleece with or without school logo (optional)
- black, white, navy or grey socks/ tights
- plain black shoes (no logos, bright colours or sparkly bits), no high heels, wedges or platform shoes
- hair bands/accessories where possible, should be navy, black, white or grey only
- warm coat (winter) and water proof coats throughout the year if rain is forecast
- scarf, hat, gloves (winter)
- hat or baseball cap (essential for sun protection)
Information about ties:
The school tie ‘Navy Saxe thick stripe’ is a specific style of blue stripe, and is available from ‘Personalise’ in Witham (around £4.99). Please do not purchase other blue ties.
-Elasticated or full version
Please note skirts should be an appropriate length and of a style which allows children to sit comfortably on the floor. If shorts are worn, even when these are worn over tights, they should also be of an appropriate length. Three-quarter and calf length trousers and leggings should not be worn.
Shoes should be flat, black and appropriate for school. If trainers are worn these should be plain without logos. Your child should wear shoes which he or she can manage to do up independently. Please do not send your child to school in shoes which prevent them from running in the playground.
There is more flexibility with the nursery uniform, but the items should be the same colour as the school uniform colours.
All children are issued with a school water bottle, these will be taken home every day for washing and refilling. These must be brought back into school the next day.
Children need a change of clothes and footwear for PE (for health and hygiene reasons) and a draw- string bag in which to keep the kit at school. All school uniform and PE kit MUST be named. Children can become upset as a result of lost clothing, please help us by naming everything.
Children’s PE Kit:
- Plain white t-shirt (no logos)
- Plain black shorts (no logos or markings)
- Plain black plimsolls
- Tracksuit in a dark colour (e.g. black, navy or dark grey) with no logos for outdoor PE in winter
- Plain black trainers for outdoor PE (no logos or markings)
For health and safety reasons children are not permitted to wear earrings for PE. Your child’s teacher will advise you when PE lessons take place so that earrings can be removed.
If children contravene the school uniform policy, they will be unable to go onto the playground for break and lunchtimes. Parents will be contacted and asked to resolve the uniform issues as soon as possible.