Medium and Long Term Plans
Welcome to Holborn Class 2022-2023
My name is Mrs Knott, I am your year 3/4 teacher in Holborn Class.
I am very excited to start this new journey with you all and am very much looking forward to all the exciting things we will be learning. I cannot wait to get started and watch you grow throughout the year. I know some of you have some amazing hobbies outside of school so please do come and tell me. I would love to hear about anything you love.
A little bit about me:
- I have a one guinea pig called Biscuit, a cat called Tigger and a tortoise called Ernie.
- I absolutely love gardening and like to grow lots of different things, some successful and some for the compost!
- One of my favourite places to go is the zoo with my family my daughter 11yrs, and son 2 yrs.
- My favourite colour is purple.
- I LOVE Christmas!! You can call me Mrs Clause or Mrs Christmas in December!!!(or October!)
- I spend most of my weekends taking my daughter to dance competitions and when I have a moment to spare, I like to sit and watch a Disney movie. My current favourite Disney film is Aladdin.
Our learning support assistant is Miss Smith
Miss Smith will be with our class throughout the year helping us with our learning.
A little bit about school....
Homework- this is sent out on a Friday and due in on a Friday.
Reading- Read with an adult as much as you can. The more reading the more tokens/rewards you will receive. As well as so many other skills you can implement.
PE days- Monday and Thursday. PE kits MUST be in on a Monday and go home on a Friday to be washed.
Times tables- Please practice, practice, practice! Especially year 4. Times table club is on a Wednesday Lunchtime, I want to see as many year4's as possible. So sign up!
Equipment- reading records, books and water bottles in everyday!
I will check reading records regularly.
TT Rockstars: Times Tables Rock Stars (ttrockstars.com)
Renaissance Reading- (to quiz at home) Welcome to Renaissance Place (renlearn.co.uk)
Timetable for Holborn:
This changes weekly but is a rough guide.