Welcome to Year 2!
Hello and welcome to our class page! My name is Miss Harvey and I'm so excited to be teaching Year 2 again this year. I moved to Templars Academy, 3 years ago, from another school within the MAT and currently coordinate English across both key stages. I'm looking forward to making our learning as memorable and fun as possible, with lots of engaging themes to delve into!
A few facts about me!
* I have a very cute and mischievous cat called Mila, who is now 1 years old. At times she can be super affectionate but she's very much an outdoor cat who loves to go on adventures.
* I climbed Mount Snowdon, in Wales, this summer with my family. This was a massive achievement because we took one of the most difficult routes up the mountain. In addition to this, the weather was terrible: it was so cold, windy and rainy, especially at the top (peak/summit) - but we made it!
* I've lived in many places, including Lincoln, Bournemouth and London (Stratford). Can you find these places on a map?
My name is Miss. Robins and I have worked at Templars for three years, previously working at another Connected Learning MAT school for five years. I love gardening and enjoy watching all of the beautiful birds that visit my new bird feeding station! I also enjoy going to London and visiting museums and art galleries - something I am looking forward to doing again soon. I also like travelling, my favourite place that I have been to is Canada (where I have family) and luckily I get to visit regularly.
Important class information
* Water bottles need to be cleaned every day and bought back into school.
* Holland Park have P.E on Monday and Friday. Kits will be sent home each Friday to be washed.
* Children are able to change their reading books as soon as they have finished reading them. However, we are also dedicating time on a Friday afternoon for children to change their books before the weekend.
Contacting Miss Harvey
If you would like to contact the teacher directly, please send an email to the class account: firstname.lastname@example.org
Miss Harvey will try to check these emails once a day; however if you have a more urgent message, please phone the school office.
Please see our proposed timetable for the autumn term.
Please use the document below to practise your Year 1 and 2 common exception word spellings at home.
We have subscribed to 'Spelling Shed', an online scheme which allows the children to practise spellings at home.
Unfortunately not the ones with chocolate chips.
Our cookies ensure you get the best experience on our website.
Please make your choice!
Some cookies are necessary in order to make this website function correctly. These are set by default and whilst you can block or delete them by changing your browser settings, some functionality such as being able to log in to the website will not work if you do this. The necessary cookies set on this website are as follows:
A 'sessionid' token is required for logging in to the website and a 'crfstoken' token is used to prevent cross site request forgery. An 'alertDismissed' token is used to prevent certain alerts from re-appearing if they have been dismissed.
We use Matomo cookies to improve the website performance by capturing information such as browser and device types. The data from this cookie is anonymised.
Cookies are used to help distinguish between humans and bots on contact forms on this website.
A cookie is used to store your cookie preferences for this website.Cookies that are not necessary to make the website work, but which enable additional functionality, can also be set. By default these cookies are disabled, but you can choose to enable them below: